HafcoVac explosion proof vacuum equipment is suitable for a wide range of applications. Safeguard your business from worker injury, OSHA fines or catastrophic incident by protecting your facility with HafcoVac’s safe non electric anti static vacuum cleaners.
Some typical applications which for which often require the use of appropriately equipped explosion proof vacuums include:
- Hazardous Locations – If you need to operate a vacuum in an OSHA defined hazardous location, you must use equipment safe for use in that environment. HafcoVac explosion proof models are approved for use in Class I,II and III, divisions 1 and 2.
- Combustible Dust Mitigation – OSHA has been increasingly strict about enforcing it’s General Duty Clause, Section 5(a)(1) through it’s Combustible Dust National Emphasis Program. Many businesses have faced steep fines for failing to adhere to these requirements. Additional regulation is pending, if your company doesn’t already have a combustible dust program, you’ll likely catch the attention of an OSHA inspector if you don’t have suitable equipment such as a HafcoVac explosion proof vacuum.
- Flammable Liquids – Many industries need to recover flammable liquids or fuels produced as a byproduct of a manufacturing process, or inadvertently spilled. Even if your facility does not regularly produce hazardous byproducts, ensuring your vacuum is safe for any unpredicted application is prudent protection.
- Manufacturing Byproducts – Many processes such as milling, grinding, cutting produce dangerous scrap which must be safely collected and properly disposed of without endangering employees or the facility.
- Static prone materials – Many materials, even those which pose no explosion hazard, create dangerous static electricity buildup as they are conveyed through an ungrounded system. An explosion proof unit will provide static dissipation. A HafcoVac is an excellent choice as a powder paint vacuum
- Protection from the unknown – You may not anticipate a vacuum being used for picking up flammable or combustible materials, but you never quite know what a tool in your facility may be used for outside it’s normal application. Add explosion protection for peace of mind.