Woodworking areas may be susceptible to fires or explosions because of the large accumulation of dust found in these areas . Good housekeeping is a key factor in preventing and controlling the accumulation of dust and reducing the risk of fires or explosions. Rather than recovering waste dust, many woodworking operations may blow down equipment or spaces, a practice which can lead to dangerous accumulations of potentially combustible dust.
HafcoVac explosion proof vacuum cleaners are suitable for a wide range of applications including woodworking. Safeguard your business from worker injury, OSHA fines or catastrophic incident by protecting your facility with HafcoVac’s safe non-electric anti-static vacuum cleaners.
Some typical applications which for which often require the use of appropriately equipped explosion proof vacuums include:
- Workstation Cleanup – Workers can safely collect wood dust from individual machines and the areas immediately surrounding them throughout their shift by placing a HafcoVac at each workstation.
- Facility Cleanup – HafcoVacs will never wear out and are ideally suited for wood shop cleanup, including floors, machines, rafters, pipes, walls, etc.
- Hazardous Locations – If you need to operate a vacuum in an OSHA defined hazardous location, you must use equipment safe for use in that environment. HafcoVac explosion proof models are approved for use in Class I,II and III, divisions 1 and 2.
- Combustible Dust Mitigation – OSHA has been increasingly strict about enforcing its General Duty Clause, Section 5(a)(1) through its Combustible Dust National Emphasis Program. Many businesses have faced steep fines for failing to adhere to these requirements. Additional regulation is pending, if your company doesn’t already have a combustible dust program, you’ll likely catch the attention of an OSHA inspector if you don’t have suitable equipment such as a HafcoVac explosion proof vacuum.
Advantages of our woodworking vacuums include:
- Lifetime Warranty
- Operate with compressed air, NOT electricity!
- Have no moving parts to wear, burn out, or spark
- Are made in the USA
- Deliver up to 3x the power of the electric “competition” – up to 19″ HG vacuum lift (~228″ water)
- Are Safer than electric models
- Explosion proof vacuum options
- Have optional HEPA filtration
HV-30-1520VX – Powered by a compressor as small as 5 HP, this explosion proof vacuum is optimized for wood working shops with smaller volume air supplies, requiring as little as 20CFM compressed air. Unlike our other explosion proof vacuum line, this model is fitted with standard filtration, rather than HEPA to maximize the efficiency of smaller air supplies. ½” quick disconnect air supply hose and a shorter vacuum hose also improve efficiency and are well suited for wood shops.
HV-30-1510VX – If your shop has at least a 15HP compressor and 100CFM air available, this is one of our more powerful explosion proof vacuums on a space saving 30 gallon configuration.